Sunday, March 6, 2011

More than just circles

Doodling has been a passion of mine since early childhood. Even when I could color inside the lines, I'd draw all sorts of extra lines and designs until it felt "right." In the example below, only the series of rings and four pointed ovals are the original image; everything else is my doodling. If you think a design is too plain, embellish it! For example you can print any blank mandala and add all sorts of designs into it; try printing out several blanks and see how many variations you can come up with!


The next sample is something I doodled for my daughter. It's hand-drawn in pencil, using a simple little one-dollar "spirographic" plastic template tool that had a few extra circles in the template. I used all the circles, the spirograph wheels, and the straight edges as well as a little free-hand drawing.


Doodle on something today!

No comments:

Post a Comment