Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Mandalamama Foodiboo"


At left, my SL neko-mimi avatar standing in front of an animated kaleidoscope mandala I purchased, and a Tibetan singing bowl I created.

In the 3D virtual world Second Life (SL), my name is Mandalamama Foodiboo. I collect, create and animate mandalas, just as I've done on the web. I've been in SL under various guises ("alts") since 2006, and I've learned quite a lot about building and scripting objects in SL. I'm so excited to begin building my own mandala and meditation center, please visit and give me your feedback.

I also created a group, "Mandalas: Circles of Healing" that is free for anyone to join, and I'll be giving out freebies through the group, as well as hopefully hosting mindfulness, meditation and chakra healing groups. You can search for and join the group (it's free) in SL to post notices and landmarks for your own mandala-related sims and sites, as well as receive updates, event notices and freebies.

If you're in SL and want to submit mandalas to be displayed at my Circles of Healing Center, IM me in-world before you send them to me. The finished images must be in JPEG or PNG form and should be sized no larger than 1024 x 1024 pixels.

Here is my Second Life in-world address: Mandalas: Circles of Healing. Search the "People" tab for my name and IM me if you're new to SL and need help getting started. There are so many supportive groups in SL, especially for the disabled. It's been quite healing for me, even though I'm disabled and sometimes house-bound, to make friends from all over the world and it's been great for my self-esteem to continue being creative and productive every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment